Wednesday 7 May 2014

HSB Team Member Harriet reviews Smoothies...


Healthy drink 1: Pineapple and Mango Smoothie with Strawberry Pearls
Where from?: Pearls Bubble Tea
Price: £3.80
Overall star rating: 3.5 / 5


 

















Pearls Bubble Tea is a small bar on Southampton Uni Campus but there are other Bubble Tea shops around the country, such as in Brighton. It sells mainly fruit teas and flavoured milk teas but also smoothies as specials of the week.
When I ordered the drink, flavours were blended in front of me – it’s a shame fresh fruit wasn’t used instead! There was also a fair amount of ice blended into it so the drink was more like a Slush Puppy than a smoothie!
However, the flavour was lovely - the pearls on top were good as well; when they pop in your mouth it’s like a shot of added flavour.
All in all, I think the price is a bit much for what it was, considering it wasn’t at all healthy. If I were to buy it again, I’d definitely wait until it was hotter weather to enjoy the ice in it!


Healthy drink 2: Raspberry Razzle
Where from?: Fuel Juice Bar
Price: £3.25 (Small)
Overall star rating: 4.5/5





















The second place I visited was Fuel Juice Bar in West Quay in Southampton, but there are other bars such as in Manchester and Leeds.
I ordered the Raspberry Razzle which was made up of Raspberries, Mango, Banana, 100% mango juice and fat free frozen yoghurt. I watched how it was made; I was impressed some of the ingredients such as the banana and raspberries were fresh, and the frozen yoghurt was a really yummy extra. However, the only mango I saw going in was from an ASDA juice carton!
I went for the small version which was £3.25, the regular one was £3.75. You can also get other drinks such as power smoothies, dairy smoothies, dairy-free smoothies and more!
Considering the drink had the word ‘Raspberry’ in the title I think it lacked raspberry taste – the banana and mango were definitely more noticeable. However, I found the drink really refreshing! Plus, the material of the cup meant I could easily hold the drink without getting a cold hand – definitely a bonus! And finally, it was really healthy – the cup says it is at least 99.99% fat free and contains no artificial nasties!
All in all, I really loved the smoothie and would definitely go back to Fuel Juice Bar to try another flavour!
 

Healthy drink 3: Crusshberry Blast
Where from?:  Crussh, Farringdon Street
Price: £3.15
Overall star rating: 5/5



The third place visited was Crussh in Farringdon Street although there are shops all over London – perfect for trips to the Capital!
I ordered the Crusshberry Blast which was made from raspberries, blueberries, banana and apple juice, as well as probiotic yoghurt which was 98% fat free! I liked the fact that it was made from whole fruit and blended down in front of me.
The smoothie I got was a regular size (which is the smallest they do) with only 187 calories.
I rated this smoothie the highest because it tasted sooo good and it was quite thick so it filled me up. You can definitely taste the bits from the raspberry. Out of all three smoothies, this one was definitely my favourite!




No comments:

Post a Comment